BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- A 2-year-old boy who died from kidney failure last month had been infected with the same strain of E. coli bacteria that sickened at least 192 people and killed one woman in a nationwide outbreak, health officials said Thursday.
The toddler became ill after having a fresh spinach smoothie, according to his mother, Robyn Allgood.
Oh my...a fresh spinach smoothie??? Could it have been the taste that killed him? If I die, I don't want it to be at the hands of a fresh spinach smoothie. I'd take alcohol of some sort, or something deliciously fried, or sugary sweet. That'd be okay with me.
Sad story. But I can't get the thought of something akin to ground up greens and yogurt out of my mind. My stomach's turning.